Here ya go folks. I know you've all been waiting anxiously for this...the story behind...THE STORY.
*BTW, this is a picture of Michael and I as depicted by Michael :)
Once upon a time, a young fair lass and a young fair lad both lived in a quaint little town known as Flagstaff, Arizona. Therein lived many hippies and the smell of pine trees always filled the air. The young lass, who we'll call Marr-Rhyzle, and the young lad, who we'll call Michael lived in the same apartment complex and thus lived in the same ward boundaries. One day...another young lad, who was friends with this Marr-Rhyzle had an idea to make a music video for the Institute's Got Talent show.
(According to Ryan, he was inspired to ask Michael to play the male role in the video, and thus received revelation....he takes MUCH credit to the putting together of our relationship. I agree. To Ryan, I say...thank you :D)
And so, with a video to make, Michael became the male role in a video set to the song "Hey, Soul Sister," by Train :) PLEASE, by all means...watch it :) Here is the video:
This inevitably started a budding romance...that no one saw...or at least I didn't...
To continue, Michael was our across the way neighbor, and he frequently came over...because that's just what he did. He visited all the girl's apartments and would sing random songs on his guitar, tell random stories, just be awkward...IDK you name it, he probably did it :) But either way, I'm not going to lie...I thought he was the most awkward boy I had ever met. At this point, I had decided that I was sick of "the dating scene" and that I would just let things be as they would be. Little did I know that something was about to happen just around the corner...:)
Well, Michael continued to come over. And in all actuality, I thought he liked someone else. That and the fact that I didn't like him like that. I enjoyed his company, I thought he was funny...but I didn't think too much of it. I guess you could say it was very, very gradual. He spent a good deal of time at our apartment and for the most part, I didn't know we had so much in common. There was a week where he spent 3 out of the 7 days at our apartment until almost 3am talking about...stuff.
There was even a night where he had brought up dating. To my disgust, he had talked about going on dates with "40 girls" and according to him, he thought he had lost my interest. Apparently, he was trying to hint at me, that EYE could possibly be one of those girls. (Psh...only a boy would see that as a compliment...)
Well, it was only a week or so later that he asked me on a date. Quite literally, sitting down in front of me and saying, "We should go on a date." I agreed and we swung dance that night with some friends from the ward and had a good time. From that night on, we spent time together learning more about each other and just having a good time. Our friendship had created a stronger relationship for us, and I can truly call him one of my best friends.
*MWAHAHA...this is definitely my FAVORITE picture of him :) Proof that he secretly loves the Spurs :)
Since then, we find more and more commonalities between us...whether they are life goals...or things such as our favorite gatorade flavor. (Yes, we are cool like that.) It's interesting for me to see how alike we are, when my first and everlasting impression of him was, "Wow, you are awkward."
(*Here's one of our first pictures. We're such classy people.)
That's right folks....happiness comes from where you least expect it! And right now, I couldn't be any happier :) He makes me happy in a way that I don't think I could truly describe to you :) It's about the small things my friends...I'm telling you! So, for a moment, I'm going to brag about my lovely boyfriend...so if you're reading this Michael...I hope I don't embarrass you :)
THE SMALL THINGS THAT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
-Like when he opens the car door for me....oh how I LOVE chivalry :)
-Like when he buys me Oreos and Symphony Bars when Aunt Dot decides to visit each month.
-Like when he watches High School Musical with me to make me feel better...;D
-Like when he will take me to places I've never eaten to bring "adventure" in my life.
-Like when he'll put on tiara's in Michael's (the craft store) because I ask him to :)
-Like when he drives me to Mesa, just so I can see the temple lights.
-Like when he'll cheer for the Spurs instead of the Suns because I hate the Suns. (Oh wait...no he hasn't done that...I guess that's just me having wishful thinking ;D)
-Like when he let's me cry on his shoulder, so I can let everything out.
-Like when he gives me piggy-back rides because I don't feel good...or because I'm lazy...haha :)
-Like when he'll teach me how to drive a stick shift...even though I almost kill him.
-Like when he makes me "Weekend Survival Kits," so I can occupy myself while he's gone.
-Like when he calls me beautiful or gives me little compliments.
-Like when he brings me orange juice and ibuprofen when I'm not feeling so well.
-Like when he lets me win at bowling to make me feel good about myself. (Oh wait, he didn't let me win...I just win cause I'm good like that...;D)
-Like when he treats me the way I'm supposed to be treated and recognizes me as a Daughter of God :)
Yep my friends. I AM LUCKY. I'm just saying ;) I've pretty much found myself the cream of the crop....WOOOOOOP! :)
*Awww! Isn't he adorable?? :D
BUT, you can be just as successful as he is as well :)
Just as a little hint to the gents who may read this...here are some tips! ;)
TIPS ON HOW TO DO THE SMALL THINGS THAT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
1) BE A GENTLEMAN. Prove that chivalry is not dead. There is NOTHING wrong with opening the door for the young lass you may have your eye on!
2) Girls like to talk. I know...sometimes it's hard for you to keep your focus, but I PROMISE, that relationships built around trust and communication will prove to be lasting.
3) There is nothing wrong with watching a chick flick. Yes gentleman, you enjoy all that gun shooting and face punching and crazy ninja kicks and blowing up building stuff...but FOR THE MOST PART (not that we don't enjoy a good action flick every once in a while.) we enjoy the romantic comedies...the "fairy tale ending" movies that make us cry :)
4) Be yourself. We don't like you to pretend to be someone else. It should be obvious that we fell for who you are. Don't try to be anyone else but you :)
5) Recognize their potential. I.E. gentleman, SHE is a Daughter of God, TREAT HER THAT WAY. Same goes for the ladies, that good lookin' fella you're after is a Son of God :) Help him honor his priesthood. Know that you both have great potential!
6) Some of the easiest ways to have a good time requires little to no money at all. Sure, us chicas enjoy being splurged on every once in awhile...but some of my most enjoyable times with Michael have been the simple things. Just getting to hang out, watching a movie...doing something that didn't require an arm and a leg. A lot of times gentlemen, a date that is service oriented is the most fun...and rewarding! :) (And considering we're all poor college kids anyway...let's not empty their already empty bank account!)
7) SMELL GOOD. This is more of a preference on my behalf, but gentlemen...good hygiene = happy lady! Remember...if you wear cologne...2 sprays is MORE than enough. TYVM! :)
8) Have confidence in yourself. Nothing is more attractive than a guy who knows what he wants. It makes the girl feel more secure...;)
SO ANYWHO. Those were just some random tidbits that came to my mind. Hopefully they helped you some :)
*These are just random pictures of one time when we went bowling :) My score is on the top, Michael's on the bottom...hmm....;)
GAME 1, Marr-Rhyzle wins!! :D
GAME 2, Marr-Rhyzle wins AGAIN! :)
GAME 3, Michael wins! (FINALLY!)
*Psh, by this time...my wrist hurt...I had to let him win at LEAST once >:)
To go on with the current story...so far, life is going really well :) We've met the family...and I LOVE his family :) They are sooo awesome! I'm just saying :) But things are going great...we're living life and having fun :) He makes me happy and I couldn't ask for anymore than that!!
So, to you ladies that think, "it's never going to happen." WELL, think again :) Sometimes, it comes when you least expect it! You never know where you'll find you knight in shining armor....but for now...I've found mine! <3
That's all for now folks! I'll let you know how things go...but for now, I'm happy :) Until next time...